Thursday, June 10, 2010

i would love to make...


...these for my bedroom (especially since I happened to look up at my windows from the neighbor's yard the other day and realized you could TOTALLY see into my room, like A LOT), but I am pretty sure that my belief in the old adage measure once and cut twice (that's it, right?) means that I am far too half-assed to follow these directions: "It’s important to cut the fabric straight and even, so that the blind will hang straight. This is probably the trickiest part of this project, so take a little extra care to be sure you’ve got it really straight." Oh well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I once made LINED Roman shades from scratch (cut the rods! threaded the string!) for our living room windows. They were stunning. And took me something on the order of 50 hours to create. I had material to do the bedroom too and five years later finally just threw it out. (I do get some satisfaction from driving by our old house and seeing them still hanging there, because dude, they are awesome.)

This looks more doable. If you do it, let me know how it goes -- I'd love to do it in the bedroom.

kirsten said...

Anna....that's insane. these are definitely do-able, but I am REALLY impatient and hate measuring and making things straight and ironing seams, etc....but these look so pretty, i may just try.

Jennifer said...

I was just reading that same exact post in D.S. yesterday thinking "I could do that!" and then I remembered that I have a toddler--I'm pretty lucky if I am able to complete a sandwich. Let us know how it goes though!!