Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2oo9 resolution update

Floss.

Went to the dentist yesterday (it had been 2 years -- how did that happen?), and not only do I have cavities that need to be filled, but I also have an abscess in a tooth that has already had a root canal and crown. I have known for awhile that something was going on in that general area of my mouth, but the issues I was having were gum-related -- and I couldn't imagine there could actually be anything in the tooth to be a problem. But there is. And it is called pus, I think. I am on antibiotics to clear up the infection, and have a consult with the endodontist next week. Now, the tooth itself has not been hurting -- until today. Thanks Amoxicillin.

Good news -- no mouth cancer. Bad news -- bad dental coverage.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

As I have been nursing a rampant dentophobia for the last few years, I wish to extend to you my sincerest and deepest sympathies. You poor, poor, poor thing!

Margit said...

sucks.