Tuesday, October 2, 2007

into the breach

I am just a copycat. Jocelyn started a blog, and hers is so interesting and fun to read, it made me want to have a blog too. Of course, I am pretty sure that my narration of life as a 36-year old working mom in Delaware will be nowhere near as exciting as what JoJo writes about her life as a 23-year old single gal (don't you just hate that word?) living with her mom in Napa, California. (When you write it like that, it doesn't really sound that exciting. Sorry JoJo.) But I will try.

It turns out that I actually signed up for a Blogger account in November 2004. Honestly, I don't remember doing it, and never posted anything but a test message. It is telling though, that I named that blog Aghast, only days after the 2004 presidential election. And although I have remained aghast at what has happened politically, I have clearly not been aghast enough to blog about it....Maybe now that we are heading full-bore into the new election cycle, my aghasted-ness will return.

But for now, I think the point of this blog will be to share whatever random things I might think are interesting that can't be summed up in the "About Me" section of my facebook page (I am currently addicted to facebook. Big time.). I will try not to borrow too heavily from my favorite book, An Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, in which the author (Amy Krouse Rosenthal) describes her life in alphabetic entries (the entry that made me know that Amy and I were destined to be best friends was the one in which she talks about her love for the way NPR correspondent Sylvia Poggioli says her name – I have always loved that too, and wait with bated breath for stories from Rome. It was awesome when they were picking the new pope - Sylvia was on-air daily.).

It looks like this blog may be a little bit digressive, so bear with me.

1 comment:

jocelyn said...

i am so excited! i hope, despite the fact that you have an actual life that doesn't keep you in front of the computer 24/7, that you update your blog ALL THE TIME. because i will very much enjoy reading it!