Saturday, November 10, 2007

life stories

Do you know about StoryCorps? It is one of my new obsessions, because I am now so middle-aged that I sometimes prefer to listen to talk radio podcasts in the car instead of music. (The other day on a trip to Dover I listened to both a "This American Life" and a "CarTalk". Man, you could blow the dust off me, I swear. Before too long I will be wearing cardigans and listening to the Glenn Miller Orchestra.) Anyway, StoryCorps is so cool, each mini-episode featuring two regular people talking to each other about their lives. These small vignettes about average (and not-so-average) lives totally thrill my inner-voyeur. There is a permanent StoryCorps recording booth in NYC, but it turns out that the mobile studio is in Philadelphia until December. I really want to go. Any volunteers to submit to my penetrating gaze and personal questions?

No comments: